Join Hawaii State Federal Credit Union
What is Hawaii State FCU?
Get more from your money with free checking, affordable loans, low fees and more.
Learn to read your credit report, improve it and boost your financial wellness.
As a Hawaii credit union, we care about the community and the people you know and love.
Are You Eligible to Become a Member?
You can join Hawaii State FCU if you are:
- Active and Retired Employees of the State of Hawaii
- Active and Retired Employees of the City and County of Honolulu
- Active and Retired Employees of Maui County
- Active and Retired Employees of Hawaii State FCU
- Immediate family and household members of all eligible persons listed
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership
- Any Employee or Member of a Select Employee Group (SEG) which includes companies, associational and non-profit groups located in the State of Hawaii and enrolled with Hawaii State FCU.
Select Employee Groups at Hawaii State FCU
Discover the many benefits that are available to you and your employees.
- Join over 500 companies, associations, and non-profit groups already enrolled with Hawaii State FCU.
- It’s FREE to sign up!
- Once enrolled, your employees are eligible to join Hawaii State FCU and can take advantage of our member benefits so they can succeed in reaching their financial goals.
Join Our Extended Family
Together we’ll help you realize your hopes and dreams, whether that’s buying a new home, financing a car or starting a business.
Always Right By You
At Hawaii State FCU, you make it all possible. We’re a family that cares for its own, including you.
- Unlimited Surcharge-Free ATM Withdrawals
Get quick and convenience access to your money with unlimited surcharge-free ATM transactions at all Hawaii State FCU and Bank of Hawaii ATMs.
- Great Checking Benefits
Get more from your checking account, including the chance to earn interest and rewards points.
- Affordable Auto Loans
Enjoy no loan or application fees and loan terms of up to 84 months.
- You are the Credit Union
All of our profits go back to you in the form of better rates, lower fees and innovative services.
- Branches Everywhere
We are part of the Shared Branching Network, which means you can access your money at other Hawaii credit unions. Or at 5,000+ locations throughout the U.S.
- Competitive Mortgage Options
From pre-qualification to closing, we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Convenient Mobile App
Pay bills, transfer funds, deposit checks and more.
Download the Hawaii State FCU Mobile App2
Tools to Help Live Your Dreams
Your time is valuable. Digital Banking and our Mobile App are designed for your busy life.
Build Your Credit and Your Future
Understand what is in your credit report and how to improve your score.
Learn More About Your Money
Sign up for a free, 1-hour Financial Education Webinar. Or start right now with our Online Courses.
Advice & Planning for Your Future
We can help you identify your needs, develop a plan and provide ongoing consultation.
Insurance at a Discount
Together, with Farmers Auto Insurance and TruStageTM Insurance, we help you protect your family and your future.
Supporting the Community
Whether it’s hosting our family-friendly movie days or participating with Friends of the Library of Hawaii, we love every occasion we have to interact with members in and out of the credit union.
Grants for Teachers
Hawaii State FCU recognizes and appreciates the extraordinary effort and sacrifices that Hawaii public school teachers provide to our community through the Investing in Education Grant Program.
Scholarships for Students
Hawaii State FCU provides scholarship opportunities to its members attending a university, college or trade/vocational school. Since 1996, the Hawaii State Federal Credit Union Scholarship Program has awarded nearly $900,000 to help students pursue higher education.
Creating Great Jobs
We know happy employees lead to happy members, and that’s why we strive to be one of the best employers in Hawaii. We’ve been recognized as a Hawaii Business Magazine “Best Place to Work” consistently throughout the years.
We’re Here to Help!
Call Our Member Service Call Center
Oahu: (808) 587-2700
US Toll-free: (888) 586-1056
Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Schedule an Appointment at one of our branches.
Join our family
1. Ten (10) posted net purchase transactions with a HSFCU debit card within 30 days of checking account opening are required to qualify. Or open a new checking account with a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening. Annual percentage yields as of 2/28/2023, are as follows: Regular Savings: 0.05%, Simple Checking: 0.00%, Dividend Checking: 0.02%, Relationship Checking: 0.02% for balances up to $9,999.99, 0.02% for balances $10,000 to $24,999.99, 0.02% for balances $25,000 to $49,999.99 and 0.03% for balances $50,000+.
Payment will be made to the savings account within 90 days after meeting conditions. APYs and offer may change at any time. Offer applies to primary new members only, with a limit of one per member. Payment is subject to IRS reporting requirements. Offer and new accounts are open to Hawaii residents only. Visit a branch or contact us for more information.
Federally insured by NCUA
2. Available only for Android™, iPhone® and iPad® devices. iPhone® and iPad® is a trademark of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Standard messaging and data usage fees apply. Please contact your carrier for details.