Call for Nominations for 2020 Hawaii State FCU Board of Directors
We are accepting nominations to fill three positions on our Board of Directors. Each position is for a three-year term and begins in March 2020. Board members serve on a voluntary basis and work with credit union management to establish the general direction and control of the credit union.
Completed nomination applications are due Friday, November 29, 2019.
See details below.
The Preferred Candidate
- Preferred candidates are strategic thinkers with nonprofit, business, or organizational development experience.
- Candidates should understand the credit union’s vision and values, be able to develop relationships, and be willing to assume leadership positions on the Board.
- In addition, the Board as a whole should reflect diversity of skills, experience and perspective.
- The Nominating Committee will consider the applicant’s ability to commit the required time, ability to serve in an unbiased capacity, and desire to act in the credit union’s best interest.
Request an Application Packet
- Please contact the Administrative Office for a list of qualifications and to request an application packet.
- Call (808) 447-8050 on Oahu, or email [email protected], or write Hawaii State FCU, 5th Floor, Attn: Nominating Committee, P.O. Box 3072, Honolulu, HI 96802-3072.
- We must receive your completed nomination application by 5 p.m. Friday, November 29, 2019.
- All applicants will be required to sign a consent form allowing the credit union to conduct a credit and background check.
The Hawaii State FCU Board of Directors is made up of unpaid volunteers who give their time and energy to ensure the prosperity of the credit union and its members. These men and women represent you in making important decisions about the credit union.
Monica Toguchi Ryan
Where Money Has a Heart
Unlike a bank that’s more concerned with profit, we’re a not-for-profit concerned with our member’s financial and personal well-being. We’re all about people helping people. We hope that it shows in everything we do.
Grants & Scholarships
Hawaii State FCU has already awarded more than half a million dollars in scholarships since 1996. Recipients each receive $2,000 to be used toward a university, college or trade/vocational school.
It’s important to recognize and appreciate everything our Hawaii teachers do for our kids. That’s why we created the Investing in Education Grant. The money can be used to buy classroom supplies, books, electronics and more.
We believe in volunteering for worthwhile causes in our local communities. Look for us out in the community year-round as we do our part to improve the lives of others.
Third Party Site Disclaimer
We may provide links to external websites that refer to third party services and products available to Hawaii State FCU members. Please review the terms and conditions of use carefully. Such services and products are not obligations of, nor endorsed or guaranteed by, Hawaii State FCU nor the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. We do not make any express or implied representation or warranty to you concerning the quality, safety or suitability of external websites, or their services or products. Alternative services and products may be obtained from other providers of your choice. External websites are not under our control and may have different policies and security. Using the links may identify you as a Hawaii State FCU member to the external website operator.
Click “ACCEPT” to enter an external website. Click “Cancel” to return to HSFCU’s website.
Please remember to log off of Online Banking and Mobile Banking before going to any external website