Congratulations to the 2014
Investing in Education Grant Winners!
Hawaii State FCU recognizes and appreciates the extraordinary effort and sacrifice that Hawaii’s public school teachers provide to our community. We know too, that many teachers use their personal money to pay for needed classroom supplies. We’d like to help, so we’ve created the Investing in Education Grant to assist teachers in the Department of Education obtain much needed supplies, books, furniture, electronic equipment and other basic necessities for their classrooms.Click here to view the 2014 Investing in Education Grant Winners
- Applicant must be a member of Hawaii State FCU and currently employed as a classroom teacher in the Department of Education.
- Teachers must submit essays of 500 words or less.
- What are your classroom needs and why aren’t there existing funds to obtain them?
- What is your overall goal for these funds and how will it improve student learning?
- Are these funds being used as part of a critical need in order to deliver instruction?
- Include detailed information on the items to be purchased and their costs.
EDUCATION GRANTS ($200 - $500) Grant recipients will be selected based on their essay submissions. The dollar value of the grants will vary between $200 and $500 and will be determined individually based on the amount of funds requested on each essay. (The full request amount must include all sales tax) Essay winners will be notified by mail, and grant money will be sent via check, made payable to the name of the school where the teacher works. If you are not a member of Hawaii State FCU, you may become a member when you submit your essay. Call Karen Ho at (808) 447-8084 with any questions about the grant or credit union membership eligibility.The 2015 Investing in Education program will begin on August 1, 2015. Please visit our website on August 1, 2015 to access a copy of the essay submission form.