In response to recent developments surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to provide you with information, resources on things you can do to stay prepared, and current updates.
Hawaii State FCU Current Status
Last updated on 06/22/2020
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT ONLINE: Most credit union services remain by APPOINTMENT ONLY. We now offer convenient online appointment scheduling for some services, including notary, loan processing, new accounts, and signature guarantee. Simply select the desired service, branch location, day, time, and the individual you want to meet with, then submit. You’ll receive an email confirming your appointment. Schedule your appointment here.
• Appointments for services such as investments, mortgages, accessing safe deposit boxes, and Coinstar service may be scheduled by calling our Member Service Call Center at (808) 587-2700 or toll-free 1 (888) 586-1056.
• Shared branching, Visa® cash advance and notary services are available to Hawaii State FCU members only.
Last updated on 06/03/2020
ALL BRANCHES are now open with normal business hours. See full listing of branch locations and hours.
A NEW BRANCH EXPERIENCE FOR MEMBERS: See what Hawaii State FCU is doing to keep our members and employees safe when visiting our branches. Learn more.
Last updated on 04/15/2020
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: Providing you financial help during these uncertain times. See details.
STIMULUS PAYMENTS: Check the status of your economic impact stimulus payment. Learn more.
MORE INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
• Hawaii State FCU Services Access Guide is your quick reference guide to make managing your money easier while at home. View the Services Access Guide.
• Take a look at Online Banking and Mobile Banking options. Learn more.
• Health tips and the latest updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the State of Hawaii Department of Health. Stay healthy.
• Seminars and Events: We have made the difficult decision to cancel/postpone all upcoming financial seminars and member movie day events until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
A New Branch Experience for Members
Last updated on 06/01/2020
Your Safety Remains Our Priority
Your health and well-being is at the forefront of everything we do. Like most businesses, Hawaii State FCU is adapting our operations to assist you with your financial needs in a safe and efficient manner, well into the future.
Preventative Tips to Stay Healthy
There are everyday actions you can perform to defend against viruses and minimize the risk of illness to our community members who are most vulnerable such as seniors and those with compromised immune systems. For additional resources and tips, visit www.CDC.gov.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household clean spray or wipe.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing).
• If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
• Follow the latest information available on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
• The Hawaii State Department of Health is actively monitoring COVID-19 and its potential effect locally
• Ready.gov provides a wealth of information on preparing you and your family for a variety of disasters and emergency situations
1. Hawaii State FCU Mobile App is free to all Hawaii State FCU members. An internet-enabled mobile device is required to access Hawaii State FCU Mobile App. Available only for Android™, iPhone® and iPad® devices. iPhone® and iPad® is a trademark of Apple® Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Standard messaging and data usage fees apply. Please contact your carrier for details.
2. Mobile Check Deposit feature is available in Hawaii State FCU Mobile App version 220.127.116.11 and higher. For consumer deposit accounts only.