As in any family, the more the merrier.
Membership is open to:
- Active and Retired Employees of the State of Hawaii
- Active and Retired Employees of the City and County of Honolulu
- Active and Retired Employees of Maui County
- Active and Retired Employees of Hawaii State FCU
- Any Employee or Member of a Select Employment Group (SEG) which includes companies, associational and non-profit groups located in the State of Hawaii and enrolled with Hawaii State FCU.
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership
- Immediate family and household members of all eligible persons listed
All immediate family members are eligible (spouses, parents, grandparents, children, siblings and household members) can join Hawaii State FCU. Simply put, if you’re related to a qualifying member of Hawaii State FCU, you’re eligible.
However, if the qualifying individual leaves the field of membership without having become a member, the immediate family members/household members are ineligible to join the credit union. That’s because the qualifying relationship is no longer in place.
If you’re still unsure about eligibility, just visit any of our convenient branches, or call our Member Service Call Center, (808)587-2700 or toll-free 1(888)586-1056.