No minimum balance, no overdraft fees1, no problem. The HiFlex Account from Hawaii State Federal Credit Union gives you the freedom and flexibility you need to manage your money with ease.
No Overdraft Fees1
Never worry about fees for insufficient funds with our HiFlex account.
With HiFlex, there’s no checkbook to balance.
Perfect for Teenagers
Available to members 13 years old and older.
Skip the $5 Monthly Service Fee
With eStatements or direct deposit enrollment.
No Minimum Balance
Minimum to open an account is $50, or $5 with direct deposit. A Regular Share Account is required.
Free ID Theft Assistance
Available to you through CyberScout.® If you experience fraud or identity theft, call toll-free 1 (844) 228-8970.
Unlimited Surcharge-Free ATM Withdrawals Available
At all Hawaii State FCU and Bank of Hawaii ATMs.
Free Digital Banking
Comes with free Mobile App and Mobile Check Deposit.
Free Hawaii State FCU Visa® Debit Card
Each one features contactless EMV chip technology, mobile card controls and transaction alerts.
Need more assistance in opening your HiFlex Account?
Schedule an appointment online at one of our branches.
New Member Promo
Open a Savings and Checking account with Direct Deposit or a Visa® Debit Card and receive $50!3
All-in-One Debit Card
Our Visa® Debit Card with ATM access is accepted at millions of locations.
- Faster transactions with contactless technology.
- No fees or service charges when making purchases (provided sufficient available funds are in your checking account).
- View your transactions at any time via Digital Banking or Hawaii State FCU Mobile App.
- Pay where Apple Pay, Samsung Pay and Android Pay are accepted.
Easy ATM Access
- Withdraw from more than 1,000 ATMs in Hawaii, and more than 100,000 worldwide displaying the Plus, Pulse or Visa. Click here to locate an ATM near you.
- Free withdrawals at Bank of Hawaii ATMs throughout Hawaii.
Enhanced Debit Card Security
- Enjoy peace of mind protection with contactless EMV chip security to protect your identity.
- Shop with greater confidence and safety against unauthorized transactions with Visa® zero-liability protection and Visa® Secure for enhanced online security.
- Eliminate sharing of personal information often required when using personal checks.
- Use your mobile wallet (Apple Pay, Samsung Pay or Google Pay) to take advantage of card number tokenization – the safest way to pay.
Enroll in Direct Deposit
Direct Deposit is the free, safe and easy way to automatically deposit your paycheck into your Hawaii State FCU HiFlex account.
To enroll in Hawaii State FCU’s Direct Deposit program through your employer, download this form and return it to your payroll office. Or, contact your employer’s payroll or personnel office to find out if Direct Deposit is available, and provide them with Hawaii State FCU Routing Number: 321379041.
Need a little extra help managing your finances?
Discover money management tips, learn new financial skills and more. Check out our wide range of free, short interactive online tutorials. Register for a free account, sign in and start learning.
Get Help Managing Your Money
Hawaii State FCU is collaborating with GreenPath Financial Wellness to offer you free individualized counseling, guidance, and the resources to be financially healthy.
Calculators to help you save and spend smart
Explore Our Other Checking Accounts
Ready to open your HiFlex Account?
Start your online application
Schedule an appointment at one of our branches.
1. For HiFlex Accounts, items and transactions that may overdraw your account will generally be declined and returned unpaid. There may be situations, however, in which items and transactions may be processed that will result in overdrafts. If your account is overdrawn, you are still responsible for the deficit, although HSFCU does not assess Overdraft or Returned Item Fees for HiFlex Accounts. Fees, however, may be charged by merchants or third parties for returned items and transactions. The merchant or third party might make multiple attempts to obtain payment through HiFlex Accounts, which may result in multiple fees from the merchant or third party. If an item or transaction is rejected, we suggest you refer to your transaction agreement and contact the merchant or third party. Overdraft services, such as the Overdraft Protection Program (Transfers) and linking a Line of Credit, are not available for HiFlex Accounts.
2. HiFlex Accounts are alternatives to traditional checking accounts. There is no check writing on HiFlex Accounts. We will reject checks on HiFlex Accounts and return them unpaid. If you provide routing and account numbers to others to make a transaction (purchase, payment or credit) on your HiFlex Account be sure that the other party will use the Automated Clearing House (ACH) system to process the transaction, and that the transaction will be processed as an electronic debit or electronic credit. Otherwise, we will reject the transaction.
3. Ten (10) posted net purchase transactions with a HSFCU debit card within 30 days of checking account opening are required to qualify. Or open a new checking account with a direct deposit within 60 days of account opening. Annual percentage yields as of 5/31/2023, are as follows: Regular Savings: 0.05%, Simple Checking: 0.00%, Dividend Checking: 0.02%, Relationship Checking: 0.02% for balances up to $9,999.99, 0.02% for balances $10,000 to $24,999.99, 0.02% for balances $25,000 to $49,999.99 and 0.03% for balances $50,000+.
Payment will be made to the savings account within 90 days after meeting conditions. APYs and offer may change at any time. Offer applies to primary new members only, with a limit of one per member. Payment is subject to IRS reporting requirements. Offer and new accounts are open to Hawaii residents only. Visit a branch or contact us for more information.
Federally insured by NCUA