The Financial Education Program was created and designed to help you learn about the important elements of dealing with money. Our hope is that it will provide the necessary knowledge to improve your financial success by learning to manage, save, invest, borrow and spend your money wisely, for now and in the future.
This program is a series of no-cost group seminars offering various financial education seminars for high school students, college students, and adults covering the following topics. Sessions are only available on the island of Oahu. For more information or to schedule a session, call (808)587-2700 and ask to speak to a Financial Educator.
Student Sessions (45 minutes)
Student sessions are geared toward high school and college students and arrangements can be made to present the seminars on campus.
- Your First checking account
- Getting Trapped by Credit Pitfalls
- Student Identity Theft
- Stretching Your Dollars (Personal Budgeting)
- How to Sell Yourself in a Job Interview
- Crash Course in Used Car Buying
- Starting a Small Business
Adult Sessions (60 minutes)
Adult sessions are presented to members, as well as the general public, on the following topics:
- Elder Financial Abuse
- Protecting Yourself from Identity Theft
- Don’t Be a Victim of Fraud and Scams
- Don’t Get Buried by Funeral Costs
- Winning the New Car Buying Game
- Diagnosing the Financial Costs of Long Term Care
- What Your Credit Report Says About You