SPAM® Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits
1 can SPAM®
4 cup Flour
4 tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt
1 cup Butter
2 Jalapeño (seeded and diced)
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
1 cup + 2 tbs Buttermilk
1. Preheat oven to 375°; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Dice and pan fry SPAM®.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt).
4. Using your hands or a fork; incorporate cold butter and mix until mixture is crumbly.
5. Add SPAM®, jalapeño and cheddar cheese; stir to combine.
6. Fold in buttermilk until dough forms.
7. Lightly flour a clean surface and pour out the dough onto the surface. Knead the dough until it comes together in one large piece.
8. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough until it’s about ¾”-1” thick. Using a biscuit cutter or small glass cup, cut out rounds and place on baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Brush biscuits with melted butter and serve.