Scalloped Potato Roll
4 Potatoes (sliced)
2 Cups Parmesan Cheese
3 tsp Salt
4 Tbl Olive Oil
1 Sweet Onion (diced)
1 lb Ground Beef
1 Can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomato (drained)
4 Tbl Parsley
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp Pepper
1 Bag Baby Spinach
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Peel potatoes and cut into slices about 1/8-inch thick.
3. On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, sprinkle half of the Parmesan cheese and spread evenly to cover the parchment paper.
4. Place sliced potatoes over the Parmesan layer, make sure each potato is overlapping the previous potato. Continue until the entire pan is filled. Sprinkle remaining Parmesan over the potato layer. Season with salt.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and the potatoes are slightly crispy but still flexible.
6. In a skillet, heat 2 Tbl olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook – about 15 minutes. Add beef and mix with onions until cooked. Mix in tomatoes, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Cook until beef is browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. In a skillet, heat 2 Tbl olive oil over medium heat. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add 1 tsp salt and garlic. Remove from heat. Add ricotta to spinach/garlic mixture.
8. Evenly spread spinach mixture over cooked potato. Layer beef mixture over. Sprinkle mozzarella over the beef.
9. Roll potato sheet making sure to hold the parchment paper from being rolled into the potato roll. Bake for 15 minutes.
10. Sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Slice and serve immediately. Enjoy!