Equifax Breach: What’s Next?
Hawaii State FCU is always working to make sure our members have Peace of Mind Protection. However, there are several things you can do to protect yourself against fraud and unauthorized transaction on your Hawaii State FCU accounts.
Fraud Prevention Tips
- In Online Banking, sign up for email or text alerts. You can set up these alerts to notify you anytime there is a transaction on your account.
- Download the HSFCU Mobile App. In our app under “Settings” you can also set up “push notifications.”
- Download the CardLock App to set up alerts for your Hawaii State FCU credit cards and also turn your card off/on to prevent unauthorized use.
- Download the MobiMoney App to set alerts and controls for your Hawaii State FCU debit card.
- Sign up for a credit monitoring service. Equifax is offering free credit monitoring to every person affected by their data breach. To sign up for this service go to www.equifaxsecurity2017.com. There are other credit monitoring services you can purchase from the other credit bureaus, Experian or TransUnion.
- To prevent new credit accounts from being opened in your name, you can “freeze” your credit through Experian or TransUnion.
- Hawaii State FCU now offers free ID Theft Assistance through CyberScout® to all of our members (and their household members) with a consumer checking account. For more assistance, visit their website or call 1 (844) 228-8970.
Hawaii State FCU is Here to Help
If there is something you’d like to share with us, just “Ask Andrew.” Your question will come directly to me. Hundreds of members have reached out over the years, and I’ve enjoyed being able to correspond with them. I look forward to hearing from you.