Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread
1-1/2 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Stick Butter (softened)
3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
3-4 Overripe Banana (mashed)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Cup Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Shredded Coconut
1. Grease an 8″ x 4″ loaf pan and preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix butter until creamy. Add brown sugar and mix for 1 minute. Stir in eggs, mashed banana, and vanilla extract until well blended.
4. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and shredded coconut.
5. Scrape batter into greased loaf pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips and coconut, if desired.
6. Bake for 55 – 60 minutes or until the outside of the bread is dark in color and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow banana bread to cool for at least 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack to finish cooling. Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!